Fall Native Plant Sale
Our Native Plant Sale is back for fall! Select from our extensive offerings of landscape-ready native trees, shrubs, perennials, ferns, vines, and grasses.
Here’s how it works:
To ensure everyone’s safety, sales will be conducted online only. There is no on-site shopping, and we do not ship plants. Orders will be accepted July 23 through August 27. If you are a member and wish to receive your discount on plants, you must enter PLANT10 or PLANT20 (depending on level of membership) in the promo code box at checkout. We cannot apply your discount after you have placed your order.
- Visit the Arboretum website and click on the Fall Plant Sale link. Once you’re ready, click on the cart and then enter your promo code and payment information. Submit your order.
- Our staff will always contact you with an email to give you an order number and schedule a pick-up appointment. If we don’t receive confirmation from you, we will follow up with a phone call. Your pick-up time must be confirmed. Do not show up to the nursery before having spoken with a staff member. Your order will not be pulled ahead of schedule.
- Arrive to the service gate at your scheduled time with your order number displayed on a piece of 8.5" x 11” paper. Our staff will direct you to the appropriate parking space and your plants, identified by order number, at the nursery.
- Load up your plants and exit via the service gate.
- Direct questions and concerns to email@example.com.
- If we are unable to provide a plant that you ordered, we will notify you through email and provide the appropriate refund.
- If you need assistance loading your plants, please notify our staff when you schedule your pick-up time.
Click here to shop for plants and place your order.
As always, members receive a generous discount. Click here to join, renew, or give a gift membership, or email Kellen McCluskey for more information.
At the Nursery
The Adkins Arboretum Native Plant Nursery has offered the Chesapeake Bay gardener the largest selection of ornamental native plants for more than 20 years.
Native plant sales are held semiannually, in April and September. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, 2020 plant sales will comprise timed pick-ups of advance online orders.
For information about special orders, special pick-ups, help with plant choices for restoration projects, or pricing for nonprofits or commercial contractors, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adkins Arboretum’s container-grown native plants are guaranteed to be true to name and healthy upon purchase. Please inspect and count all plant material upon receipt. While it is our aim to provide quality plant material, we do not give a warranty as to the future life of the plants. In rare instances, claims will be considered, and in those cases, it is mutually agreed that Adkins Arboretum’s total liability is limited to refund or replacement.
Regarding Presale Orders: Native plant presale orders are accepted based on confirmed orders from our network of growers; however, all plant material is subject to crop failures, damage by natural causes, and conditions beyond our control that may render them unavailable for purchase. If one of these instances should arise, we will contact you prior to the plant sale to arrange a replacement if possible, or otherwise will arrange for substitution or refund as requested at the time of order pickup.