At the Nursery
The 2021 Spring Native Plant Sale is here! Kick off spring with some new additions to your garden or landscape, selected from our extensive offerings of landscape-ready native trees, shrubs, perennials, ferns, vines, and grasses. Discounts for members.
Plant orders will be accepted March 4 through April 8. Click here to shop and place your order. Please see below for additional instructions.
Here's how it works:
To ensure everyone's safety and convenience, sales will be conducted entirely online. There is no on-site shopping, and we do not ship plants. If you are a member and wish to receive your member discount on plants, you must enter “PLANT10” or “PLANT20” (depending on level of membership) in the promo code box at checkout. We cannot apply your discount after you have placed your order. Click here to become a member or to renew your membership.
- Once you’ve selected your plants, click on the cart and then enter your promo code and payment information. Submit your order.
- Staff will contact you with a phone call or email to schedule your pickup time. You will receive a follow-up email with your order number and pickup instructions. Your pickup time must be confirmed. Do not show up to the nursery before having spoken with a staff member. Your order will not be pulled ahead of schedule.
- Arrive to the service gate at your scheduled time with your order number displayed on a piece of 8.5” x 11” paper. Our staff will direct you to the appropriate parking space and your plants, identified by order number, at the nursery.
- Load up your plants and exit via the service gate.
- Direct questions and concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If we are unable to provide a plant that you ordered, we will notify you via email and provide the appropriate refund.
- If you need assistance loading your plants, please notify our staff when you schedule your pickup time.
The Adkins Arboretum Native Plant Nursery has offered the Chesapeake Bay gardener the largest selection of ornamental native plants for more than 20 years.
Native plant sales are held semiannually, in April and September.
For information about special orders, special pick-ups, help with plant choices for restoration projects, or pricing for nonprofits or commercial contractors, send email to email@example.com.
Adkins Arboretum’s container-grown native plants are guaranteed to be true to name and healthy upon purchase. Please inspect and count all plant material upon receipt. While it is our aim to provide quality plant material, we do not give a warranty as to the future life of the plants. In rare instances, claims will be considered, and in those cases, it is mutually agreed that Adkins Arboretum’s total liability is limited to refund or replacement.
Regarding Presale Orders: Native plant presale orders are accepted based on confirmed orders from our network of growers; however, all plant material is subject to crop failures, damage by natural causes, and conditions beyond our control that may render them unavailable for purchase. If one of these instances should arise, we will contact you prior to the plant sale to arrange a replacement if possible, or otherwise will arrange for substitution or refund as requested at the time of order pickup.