Children's Funshine Garden
Venture past the goat pen to Emily’s Play Garden, a new place to explore at the Arboretum!
- make mud pies at the mud kitchen
- peek into a passionflower teepee
- climb on balancing logs
- pick chocolate peppermint in the herb spiral
- care for vegetables in the mandala garden
- smell blooming wildflowers
- meditate in a labyrinth
- observe birds that visit a solar-powered fountain
- hide in a willow den
- and explore much more!
Learn all about how the garden was designed to harmonize with nature’s patterns and about the beautiful native plants (many of them edible) that make this garden home to our wildlife friends.
Play Garden map coming soon!
Thank you to our dedicated volunteers, staff, and generous sponsors who made this project possible:
The Family of David Ashton York
Chesapeake Bay Trust
Unity Church Hill Nursery and Farm